www.facebook.com is the best social networking website. It has now become more than just the website for meeting people online, posting pictures and chatting. Many people use facebook.com of internet marketing, product placement and many more. Most of the internet users use their existing Facebook account to login to the other websites such as dating sites, fiverr, dropbox, linkedin, etc.
So what would you do if you forgot Facebook password? Here will be discussing how you can reset your forgotten FB password easily.
Forgot Facebook Password
- Go to www.facebook.com or fb.com from a web browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc)
- Click on Forgot account? link just below the password field in order to reset your Facebook password.
- First you need to find your existing Facebook account that you have forgotten the password of. Enter your registered email or phone or username, then click on Search button.
- If some error occurs, then you should go through these steps :
- For the security purpose, you need to enter the Captcha that is shown on your screen.
- Now from the list of the results of accounts matched your search, choose your account. Just click on This is my Account button right next to your account name.
- Now you need to choose how would you like to reset your password; email or via text message. I would recommend you to choose text method to receive a verification code. If you chose Email, then sign in to your email account and look for the message from Facbook and copy and paste the code. Click Continue after that.
- Please check your phone for a text message with a 6-digit security code. Enter that code and click Continue.
- Now after Facebook can verify you as the authorized person of the account you are about to reset, you will be asked to set a new password.
- Choose a strong password and then click Continue to save the change. Key to a strong password is a combination of letters, numbers and special characters (@, $, *) and use of upper and lower cases.
It is very easier to forget your log in details specially these days where you sign in to handful of websites daily. Facebook lets you regain access to your forgotten password or someone who is not authorised changed your login details with the help of reset facebook password setting.
Steps To Reset Facebook Password
- Go to www.facebook.com or fb.com.
- Click on Forgot Account? link or “Recover Your Account” button if you have forgotten your password.
- Check ‘Email me a link to reset my password’ and click Continue.
- Now log in to your registered email account and check for a message with your 6-digit code.
- If you cannot find e-mail message from Facebook in inbox, then check Spam or Junk folder or ‘Social’ tab in case of @gmail address.
- If you did not get a code, then click “Didn’t get a code?” link to start again.
- If you have received it, copy that code and paste it in the given box. Click Continue to proceed.
- Now you will be asked to set a new password. After you enter a new password, click Continue.
- If you think someone else may have known your old password, it’s a good idea to log out of any other devices.
- Give it a minute and you have successfully reset Facebook password. Go to News Feed and start using Facebook.
How To Secure Your Facebook Account
If you want to add extra layer of security to your Facebook account so that no one cane easily access it, then you can turn of alert so that you will be notified whenever someone is trying to access your account. Never share your personal online details to anyone.
To Turn On Login Alerts
- Sign in to your Facebook account. Click on down arrow from the top right side of the page next to notification icon.
- Click Settings. Click Security from the left tab.
- Click on Login Alerts. Now check “Email login alerts to [your email address]. Click Save Changes.
- You can add your mobile number to get alert message in your mobile phone.
- You will get an alert in your email address or mobile number (if you have added) when anyone logs into your account from an unrecognised device or browser.
Change Facebook Password Frequently
- Sign in to your Facebook account, go to Settings.
- Click on General and then click on Password. It will show how long it has been since you change your password last time.
- Type in your current Facebook password. Now enter your new password. Re-enter the new password for confirmation.
- Finally click “Save Changes”.
These are the steps that you should follow to reset Facebook password to regain access, to change your password. If you have any questions or queries, then please feel free to post them on the comment box below.