www.facebook.com is the best social networking website. It has now become more than just the website for meeting people online, posting pictures and chatting. Many people use facebook.com of internet marketing, product placement and many more. Most of the internet users use their existing Facebook account to login to the other websites such as dating sites, fiverr, dropbox, linkedin, etc.
So what would you do if you forgot Facebook password? Here will be discussing how you can reset your forgotten FB password easily.
Forgot Facebook Password
- Go to www.facebook.com or fb.com from a web browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc)
- Click on Forgot account? link just below the password field in order to reset your Facebook password.
- First you need to find your existing Facebook account that you have forgotten the password of. Enter your registered email or phone or username, then click on Search button.
- If some error occurs, then you should go through these steps :
- For the security purpose, you need to enter the Captcha that is shown on your screen.
- Now from the list of the results of accounts matched your search, choose your account. Just click on This is my Account button right next to your account name.
- Now you need to choose how would you like to reset your password; email or via text message. I would recommend you to choose text method to receive a verification code. If you chose Email, then sign in to your email account and look for the message from Facbook and copy and paste the code. Click Continue after that.
- Please check your phone for a text message with a 6-digit security code. Enter that code and click Continue.
- Now after Facebook can verify you as the authorized person of the account you are about to reset, you will be asked to set a new password.
- Choose a strong password and then click Continue to save the change. Key to a strong password is a combination of letters, numbers and special characters (@, $, *) and use of upper and lower cases.