Steam is basically a digital distribution platform by Valve corporation which offers services like digital rights management (DRM), multiplayer gaming and even social networking services. Steam also provides the user with installation and automatic updating of games on multiple computers, and community features such as friends lists and groups, cloud saving, and in-game voice and chat functionality.
You need to create your own Steam account in order to be able to enjoy the service of Steam which is totally free of cost. If you already have an existing Steam account but your forgot your password, then you can go through steam password reset procedures to regain access to your account.
Steam Password Reset Steps
- Go to https://store.steampowered.com/ which is the official web address of Steama.
- Click on login link from the upper right hand side of the homepage right next to Install Steam button.
- Now click on Forgot your password? link just below the steam login section.
- Choose “I forgot my Steam Account name or password” option. First step is to find your account.
- Enter your registered account name, email address or phone number. Then enter the characters (captcha) on your screen.
- Then click Search button. If steam finds the account that is associated with the email, username or phone number you just provided, you can choose your registered email address to receive and account verification code.
- Login to that e-mail address and check for the message from Steam. Click on the reset link and you will be asked to set a new password for your Steam account.
- Choose a new password. Re-enter your new password for confirmation.
- Click Continue for successful Steam password reset process.
What If You Do not Have Access To Your Email Address ?
It might be possible that you just used the email address to sign up for Steam account and later forgot about that email address. So what if that is the case? While going through the steam password reset process, when you are asked to select your e-mail address to receive the verification code, you need to select “I no longer have access to this email address” option instead.
Then you need to answer few questions so before Steam can recover your account, they need to make sure you’re the real owner. As soon you finish filling up all the fields, click Send button. After your click Send, Steam will review your information to match with your account. If they can verify you as the real owner of the account, you will be given access to your Steam account.