We log in to handful of websites each day. We have to take control of every accounts we own, our bank account, email accounts, etc. Sometimes people forget their passwords. So what if you forgot your own Yahoo password? www.yahoo.com gives you the ability to reset Yahoo password to regain access to your account.
Basically what Yahoo! does is, first make sure you are the authorised person who has all the right to reset password. And then it sends you a password reset link to your phone or recovery email address. That is why it very important that you provide all the important information during sign up.
How To Reset Yahoo Password ?
- Go to “login.yahoo.com”. You will be re-directed to Yahoo login page.
- Click on Trouble signing in? link underneath the Next button.
- Now enter your email address or phone number. Then click “Continue”
- You can see some digits of your phone number. If you have access to the phone, click “Yes, text me an Account key” button.
- Yahoo will send you an account key to verify you’re the owner of this phone. Enter the key and click Verify.
- You will .Click on I’ll do it later. And just like that you are into your Yahoo! account.
What If you You Don’t Have Access To The Phone Number?
- Click on I don’t have access to this phone if you do not have that phone number anymore.
- If you have provided an alternative email address, then Yahoo will ask you if you have access to that email or not.
- Now login to that email address and enter the account key you just received. Then click on verify.
How To Reset Yahoo Password From Different Device?
If you are trying to reset your Yahoo password other than your regular device (your laptop, your mobile), then yahoo
password reset steps will be a bit different.
- After you click on “trouble signing in?”, you need to prove that you’re not a robot. This is to disallow any bots or unauthorised person to try and reset your password without you knowing that.
- Check “I’m not a robot”. Then select whatever Yahoo ask you to select from the bunch of on the screen. Click on VERIFY button.
- Now “phone obfuscation challenge” is another layer of security. Here you need to enter the missing digits of your phone number and click on Submit.
- Choose how you want to receive a verification key. Enter the key and your account is recovered.
How To Change Your Yahoo Password ?
- First , login to your Yahoo account. Place cursor on your picture from the top right hand side of the page.
- Click on “Account Info”. Then click on Account security from the left tab.
- Click Change password link. Now ignore all the options and just click on “No, I want to change my password” link.
- Choose a new and strong password. Re-enter your new password for confirmation. Click Continue. Congratulation! yours password has been successfully updated.
- Next time use a new password to log in to your Yahoo account.