Hotmail.com or outlook,com or live.com is a web based e-mail service provided by Microsoft for free. Anyone can get/create their own Hotmail account for free. If you already have a hotmail account and you are trying to sign in but you are just stuck because it says incorrect password, then you might want to reset your password.
You can regain access to your forgotten password by following the steps below that we are going to discuss.
Steps To Reset Hotmail Password
- In order to reset your Hotmail login password, first of all go to www.hotmail.com.
- Type in your Email address or phone number, then click Next.
- Now click on Forgot my password link.
- Select ‘I forgot my password’ and click Next button.
- Enter your Microsoft account i.e. your hotmail email address.
- Enter the characters that you see, then click Next. If you cannot figure out what the characters are, then click on New button.
- Now choose how would would you like to receive a security code. You can choose either alternative email address or your phone that you have provided during sign up process.
- If you chose Email, then enter your full email address to verify that it is your email account. Click Send code button.
- Sign in to that email account and look for the email from Microsoft account team. Copy the code and paste it in the blank field just like it is show in the image below. Then click Next.
- Set a new password for your Hotmail email. Confirm your password by re-entering it. Then click Next to finally reset Hotmail password.