An Apple ID is a personal account that you use to access Apple services like iTunes Store, App Store, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime and many more. It is basically an an all-in-one account for Apple. Just like you use gmail account for all Google services YouTube, Drive, Google+. You need Apple id for all your Apple devices (iPad, iPhone,etc).
If you forgot your Apple ID password, then Apple lets you reset your forgotten password after you pass the account verification method. This is to ensure that the person who is trying to reset Apple ID password is really you. We will be discussing the steps that you need to follow for that.
Procedures To Reset Apple ID Password
- Click on Forgot Apple ID or Password ? link from the iCloud login box you will be re-directed to https://iforgot.apple.com page.
- Type in your Apple ID and then click Continue.
- Now select ‘my password’ in order to reset apple id password. Click Continue
- Select how do you want to reset the password for your icloud account , Get an email or Answer security questions.
- If you chose ‘Get an email’, login to your email account. Check e-mail message from Apple. Click on the reset now link.
- If you chose ‘Answer security questions’, verify your date of birth to continue. Now answer your security questions.
- Now answer your security question. Then Continue.
- Finally you will be asked to enter a new password for your apple id. Re-enter your password for confirmation. The strength bar shows how strong is your password. Click Reset Password to reset apple id password.
How To Set A Strong Password
- Your password must have at least 8 characters. Lengthier the password, more difficult it is to crack.
- Use number, upper & lower case letters, special characters (@, $) in your password For e.g. 5tR0ngP@55W0rd.
- Never use your name, birth-date as your password. Avoid using common passwords such as iloveyou, qwert, asdfg, 12345, etc.
- Never use same password for every websites that you log in. Install password manager add-on in your web browser if you have to.