AOL.com is an America multi-national mass media corporation which provides lots of online services. AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) and AOL mail are the two most popular services.
Today we are going to discuss what to do if you forgot your aol password, how to reset aol password and how to change your login password. These are the most common problems are question of AOL users all over the world.
How To Reset AOL Password ?
- Go to www.aol.com, official web address of American Online.
- Click on SIGN IN/JOIN link from the left hand tab.
- Now click Forgot password? link from the aol login box.
- Enter your username or full email address, then click Next.
- Choose how you want to receive a verification code via SMS or Alternative Email. Check any one of them and click Next.
- If you chose mobile phone, you will receive a verification code via text message. Put that code in the box and continue.
- If you chose alternative email, log in to that email and check your inbox. In case you cannot find e-mail from AOL, check Spam folder. Check “Updates” tab in case of Gmail.
- Now you will be asked to choose a new password. Re-enter your password for confirmation. Finally click Next to reset AOL password.
How To Set a Strong & Secure Password ?
- Your password must contain at least 8 to 16 characters. Long passwords are hard to crack.
- Include numbers, special characters and combination of upper/lower cases in your password. for e.g. 5tR0ngP@55w0rD
- Avoid using your name, your friend’s name, birth-date as a password. Avoid using common passwords such as iloveyou, 1234, qwerty, asdfg, 123456, etc. Come up with something that no one will ever guess.
- You can generate strong password using online password generator such as strongpasswordgenerator.com.
- Never use same password for every websites that you log in (facebook, gmail, twitter, instagram). That is the most common mistake every people do. Use password manager add-on in your browser if you have to.
Things To Remember During AOL Password Reset
- Enter the exact phone number that you set during aol sign up.
- Please make sure your mobile is switched on to receive a verification code.
- Remember what security question and answer you put during AOL sign up.
- If you reach the maximum number of attempts to verify your account, then you have to wait for 24 hours to reset your account again.
If you know your AOL password and you can still sign in but you want to change your login password, then follow these steps :
- First of all, log in to your AOL account.
- Click on Options link from the topmost right hand side of the page. Click ‘Account Info’ from the drop-down menu.
- Answer your account security question.
- Now click on “Change Your Password” link under the title ACCOUNT SECURITY.
- Enter your old password. Then type in a new password for your account. Re-enter a new password for confirmation.
- Click Save button and you are done.
If you need help from official customer support, you can call at 1-855-678-5082 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. (EST), and Saturday & Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (EST).