Twitter is a social networking and online news service where users can post picture, video, TWEET, react and interact with each other. Twitter is one of the best ways to read news, get updated with all the happenings around the world. You basically need your registered email address or username or phone and password to sign in to your www.twitter.com account.
So what if you want to change twitter password that you are using currently? May be you want to change it to something stronger or maybe you think that someone knows your password. Then you can easily change your twitter login password. Here is how.
Steps To Change Twitter Password
- Open any web browser you like on your computer (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer).
- Type “www.twitter.com” in address bar and Enter.
- Enter your phone, email or username and password. Then log in to your Twitter account.
- After you are signed in to your account, click on your profile picture from the top of the page to bring up the profile and settings menu.
- Then click on Settings and privacy. Now click on ‘Password’ from the left hand tab.
- Now you will be asked to enter your current password.
- Then choose a new password for your twitter account. Re-enter your new password for confirmation. You can see the strength level of your new password right next to your new password.
- Click Save Changes button to finally change twitter password. Now just skip the message and click on No Thanks.
- Congratulations! You have successfully changed your Twitter password. Next time when you sign in, enter your new password.
Steps To Reset Twitter Password
The steps discussed above was about how you can change Twitter login password when you still know your password and can still sign in. But what do in case you forgot your login password and you cannot sign in to your account no more? In that case, you have to reset your Twitter password.
- Go to www.twitter.com.
- From the twitter login section, click on Forgot password? link.
- Now enter your registered email address or phone number or username. Then click on Search button.
- If Twitter can find the information associated with your account, they will provide you options on how you can get a text code for your account verification.
- You can choose any option you want as long as you have access to that (email or mobile number). If I have to recommend, I would recommend you to choose text option. After that, click Continue.
- You will receive a text message with alphanumeric code on your mobile phone. Enter that code and click Submit.
- Now finally you can reset your Twitter login password. Set a new password. Re-enter that password and click Submit button.
Tips for setting strong password
- Do not use password similar to your old password.
- Avoid using your username, name , birth-date as your password.
- Avoid most common password on internet such as 123456, qwerty, 111111, password, iloveyou, google, etc.
- Your password must be at least 8 characters long.
- Include combination of numbers, alphabets and special characters (!, @, $) in your password.
- Include combination of both upper and lower cases to make your password even stronger. For e.g. mYp@55w0rd!5v3RyStr0nG