MSN Hotmail was launched in the year 1997, later re-branded to Windows Live Hotmail as part of the Windows Live suite of products. Microsoft released the final version of Hotmail in 2011. It was replaced by Outlook.com in 2013. So if you are confused about Hotmail, Outlook and Live.com, then technically they all are same.
Your e-mail account can be @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com. Forgetting password is common and not a sin. Everyone forgets their login password specially when we log in to handful of sites daily. So in this article we are going to discuss account live.com password reset steps.
Account Live.com Password Reset Process
- Go to www.live.com.
- Type in your Email, phone or Skype name, then click Next.
- Now click on Forgot my password link to reset your live.com password.
- Choose why can’t you sign in. In this case, select ‘I forgot my password’. Click Next to proceed.
- Enter the characters you see on your screen. If you cannot figure out the characters, you can click on New or listen to the audio. Click Next.
- Now select your recovery e-mail address. To verify that it is your email address, complete the hidden part and click “Send code” to receive your code.
- Login to that email account and Microsoft account team. Enter the code and click Next.
- You will be asked to reset your live.com account password. Set a new password. Re-enter password for confirmation.
If You Do not Have Access To Your Recovery / Alternative E-mail
Maybe you do not use the email account that you have set as a recovery account for your current Live account anymore. If that is the case, follow these steps
- Follow from Step 1 to Step 5
- Select “I don’t have any of these”. Then click Next.
- Now enter any email address that’s different from the one you’re trying to recover. Please remember that, you must have access to this email address.
- Check your email for a message from the Microsoft account team, and enter the code. Click Verify.
- You now need to enter your first and last name, date of birth, country/region where you created your account. Finally answer to the security question that you set during www.live.com account sign up.
- Answer about your Skype account. Your request will be sent to review process. If your answers matches with www.live.com database, Hotmail will send you e-mail in the email address you just put.
These are the steps that you need to follow for account Live.com password reset. To summarise everything, if you have access to your recovery e-mail and mobile number, then there will be problem while recovering your lost live.com account password. If there are no options left and you cannot recover your live.com account, then create a new one for free.