www.facebook.com is the best social networking website. It has now become more than just the website for meeting people online, posting pictures and chatting. Many people use facebook.com of internet marketing, product placement and many more. Most of the internet users use their existing Facebook account to login to the other websites such as dating sites, fiverr, dropbox, linkedin, etc.
So what would you do if you forgot Facebook password? Here will be discussing how you can reset your forgotten FB password easily.
Forgot Facebook Password
- Go to www.facebook.com or fb.com from a web browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc)
- Click on Forgot account? link just below the password field in order to reset your Facebook password.
- First you need to find your existing Facebook account that you have forgotten the password of. Enter your registered email or phone or username, then click on Search button.
- If some error occurs, then you should go through these steps :
- For the security purpose, you need to enter the Captcha that is shown on your screen.
- Now from the list of the results of accounts matched your search, choose your account. Just click on This is my Account button right next to your account name.
- Now you need to choose how would you like to reset your password; email or via text message. I would recommend you to choose text method to receive a verification code. If you chose Email, then sign in to your email account and look for the message from Facbook and copy and paste the code. Click Continue after that.
- Please check your phone for a text message with a 6-digit security code. Enter that code and click Continue.
- Now after Facebook can verify you as the authorized person of the account you are about to reset, you will be asked to set a new password.
- Choose a strong password and then click Continue to save the change. Key to a strong password is a combination of letters, numbers and special characters (@, $, *) and use of upper and lower cases.
Twitter is a social networking and online news service where users can post picture, video, TWEET, react and interact with each other. Twitter is one of the best ways to read news, get updated with all the happenings around the world. You basically need your registered email address or username or phone and password to sign in to your www.twitter.com account.
So what if you want to change twitter password that you are using currently? May be you want to change it to something stronger or maybe you think that someone knows your password. Then you can easily change your twitter login password. Here is how.
Steps To Change Twitter Password
- Open any web browser you like on your computer (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer).
- Type “www.twitter.com” in address bar and Enter.
- Enter your phone, email or username and password. Then log in to your Twitter account.
- After you are signed in to your account, click on your profile picture from the top of the page to bring up the profile and settings menu.
- Then click on Settings and privacy. Now click on ‘Password’ from the left hand tab.
- Now you will be asked to enter your current password.
- Then choose a new password for your twitter account. Re-enter your new password for confirmation. You can see the strength level of your new password right next to your new password.
- Click Save Changes button to finally change twitter password. Now just skip the message and click on No Thanks.
- Congratulations! You have successfully changed your Twitter password. Next time when you sign in, enter your new password.
Steps To Reset Twitter Password
The steps discussed above was about how you can change Twitter login password when you still know your password and can still sign in. But what do in case you forgot your login password and you cannot sign in to your account no more? In that case, you have to reset your Twitter password.
- Go to www.twitter.com.
- From the twitter login section, click on Forgot password? link.
- Now enter your registered email address or phone number or username. Then click on Search button.
- If Twitter can find the information associated with your account, they will provide you options on how you can get a text code for your account verification.
- You can choose any option you want as long as you have access to that (email or mobile number). If I have to recommend, I would recommend you to choose text option. After that, click Continue.
- You will receive a text message with alphanumeric code on your mobile phone. Enter that code and click Submit.
- Now finally you can reset your Twitter login password. Set a new password. Re-enter that password and click Submit button.
Tips for setting strong password
- Do not use password similar to your old password.
- Avoid using your username, name , birth-date as your password.
- Avoid most common password on internet such as 123456, qwerty, 111111, password, iloveyou, google, etc.
- Your password must be at least 8 characters long.
- Include combination of numbers, alphabets and special characters (!, @, $) in your password.
- Include combination of both upper and lower cases to make your password even stronger. For e.g. mYp@55w0rd!5v3RyStr0nG